CPA Homeschool Hub
Enrichment orders are placed through the CPA Homeschool Hub
At Cabrillo Point Academy, we focus on Personalized Learning, a philosophy that truly puts every student first by supporting them in honoring and exploring their unique skills, special gifts, talents, and aspirations. Families and their teachers carefully select educational products, such as curriculum, technology items, supplemental enrichment materials, and field trip opportunities, as well as services, such as enrichment lessons and classes to fit their goals. Orders are approved by teachers and must be secular.
Personalized Learning occurs as a result of mutual respect between the parent who homeschools and a caring, supportive credentialed teacher. Every student is allocated a budgeted planning amount that can be spent on the student’s specific learning needs, under the approval of their teacher. Planning amounts are paid directly to curriculum vendors and service providers.
Planning amounts can be used to navigate an authentic and dynamic personalized learning pathway by paying for computers, high quality curriculum, tutoring, and enrichment activities.
Some samples of products or services may include but are not limited to:
- Academic Enrichment Materials
- Technology Items*
- Educational Field Trips
- Fine Art Lessons & Classes
- Performing Art Lessons & Classes
- Academic Enrichment Classes
- Physical Education Classes
- Tutoring Services
- Cooking Classes
- Gardening Classes
- Reading and Writing Classes
- STEM Classes
*The Technology Acceptable Use Acknowledgement must be signed in order to receive the technology equipment. All families receive this form through email at the beginning of the year.
What are some things that planning amounts can be used for?
- Art supplies connected to enrichment classes or unit lessons in curriculum
- Novels, unit lessons, reading improvement programs, writing improvement, enrichment in literature, etc.
- Course work materials, such as academic textbooks, workbooks, curriculum materials, and learning software via online or CD
- Academic programs (online curriculum, homeschool curriculum, activities, etc.)
- Educational games related to math, science, English, STEAM, etc. (puzzles, bingo, vocabulary cards, flashcards, etc.)
- Activity kits related to core or extracurricular classes
- Physical Education and sport/athletic items if they are considered non-consumables. Examples include items such as balls, bats, tennis rackets, and jump ropes.
- School technology equipment (i.e. laptop and printer) from school Tech Catalog
- Educational items
Cabrillo Point Academy understands that each child is unique. Therefore, if there are special circumstances, such as a 4th grade student who is ready for 6th grade reading materials, please communicate with your Homeschool Teacher, so that the appropriate materials can be purchased. We work hard to accommodate each individual student’s needs.
What are some things that I cannot use planning amounts for?
- Anything labeled non-educational
- Any religious or sectarian based products
- Any furniture, organizational products, storage, personal laptop case/bags, or household items
- Personal items such as uniforms, pads, shoes, cups, or mouthguards
- Any expenses involved in athletic or performing arts competitions including entrance fees or travel fees
- Large items such as bicycles and backyard trampolines
- Household products, yard equipment, clothes, and non-educational toys
Who can I contact if I’m having trouble placing an order, logging into my account or need other support?
You can reach the Enrichment Department via email at email@example.com
What is the definition of consumable?
Consumables are items that the student completely uses up while they are enrolled with our school and therefore cannot be used by another student.
What is the definition of a non-consumable?
Non-consumables are items that can be used again by another student.
What are the non-consumable category groups?
All items in the following categories are considered non-consumable and must be returned as school property when you are done with them or when you withdraw from the school:
- Technology, Electronics, and Media (CDs/DVDs)
- Novels, Textbooks and Teacher Manuals
- Science Equipment
- Math Manipulatives
- Musical Equipment
- Athletic Equipment
- Games and Puzzles
Can I use the entire planning amount in one academic semester?
Planning amounts are deposited into students’ accounts twice each school year. Parents/guardians can spend up to the current account balance at any given time.
How will I know what planning amount is available for my child?
Your planning amount balance can be located in your child's CPA Homeschool Hub account. Please contact your Homeschool Teacher for assistance
Can I be reimbursed for any purchases I made through my own money?
No, the school cannot reimburse families for purchases made in the past, present, or future. All products/services need to be requested through the CPA Homeschool Hub, approved by your Homeschool Teacher, and purchased by the school.
Can I keep the products?
All items are purchased through the school with state education funds and are considered property of the school. Non-consumables need to be returned to the school office(s) when the student withdraws from the school. They may be returned earlier if the items are no longer needed for student learning.
How do I return our non-consumable items to the school?
We ask that you hand items back to your teacher at any meeting or at the end of each semester/school year. If your circumstances prevent you from returning items to your teacher, please communicate with your teacher, so that alternate arrangements can be made.
What is the turnaround time for an CPA Homeschool Hub order to be executed?
Order times vary due to the amount of orders being placed daily by families. Wait times can run up to 4 weeks. High peak order times are July-September and December-January.
Could I purchase my own laptop and printer outside of the CPA Homeschool Hub and use my planning amount for that purchase?
No, please select your technology from the school Tech Catalog.
How do I order student ink?
You can order ink through the CPA Homeschool Hub as a product.
Why isn’t my requested vendor on the approved list yet?
All potential vendors must go through a thorough vetting process. If the school is able to partner with requested vendors, approval times are often determined by how quickly vendors provide required information and documentation.
What if I would like to order products/materials from a vendor that is not on your approved vendor list?
That is not a problem! Product/materials vendors do not have to be pre-approved for you to order from them. Please place your order using “Other Product Vendor” and your vendor will go through the approval process as your order is placed.