Educational vendors are a valuable part of Cabrillo Point Academy (“Charter School”) community and offer flexibility of choice and supplemental educational services for the benefit of our students and families.
Requesting an Educational Service Vendor
- Suggested Vendor Form: Families and teachers can make requests for Educational Service Vendors using the Suggested Vendor Form. Educational Service Vendors may not submit applications on their own without a request for their services from a family or teacher.
- Suggested Vendor Application: Once the Cabrillo Point Academy Vendor Support Team receives the Suggested Vendor Form, they will verify if we can move forward with the suggested vendor.
- Additional Documents: In addition to the Suggested Vendor Application, prospective vendors are required to provide documents to the Charter School which may include, but are not limited to:
- A W-9 Form
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Vendor Agreement
- Charter School Review and Approval: The onboarding process for a new vendor will depend on the vendor’s application. For example, an incomplete application may cause delays.
Educational Service Vendor Requirements
The Charter School is responsible for approving Educational Service Vendors and requests for educational services to ensure such services align with the charter petition, school budget, and a student’s course of study. The Charter School may approve or reject educational vendors and parent/student requests for educational services from vendors in its sole discretion. Vendor requirements include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Educational services must be non-sectarian and non-discriminatory.
- Vendors are required to execute the Charter School’s Vendor Agreement as part of providing educational services to students. The Charter School may terminate vendor agreements and partnerships in its sole discretion based on the needs of the school.
- Vendor must not be affiliated with a private school. Vendor must not be, or appear to be, a private school offering services through a part-time program (e.g., afterschool programs) or a parent-organized group (also known as “co-op”).
- Vendors must follow all applicable health and safety guidelines provided by both the State and County authorities and any health and safety requirements set forth by the Charter School to ensure student safety. This includes any guidelines related to COVID-19.
- Services must be available to any/all students and should not have tryouts, auditions, testing requirements, etc. to access the services.
- Charter School is responsible for paying for all approved educational services. Vendor cannot charge parent/guardian a fee for the educational services or require parent/guardian to agree to pay fees to access educational services.
- Vendor cannot require parent/guardian to volunteer as a condition of the student accessing educational services.
- Vendor must complete background check(s) in accordance with law.
- Vendor must have a current and functioning website that outlines services.
Charter School will not pay for educational services before the Charter School approves the Educational Services Vendor. Educational Services Vendors will not be paid by the Charter School for educational services rendered without an Enrichment Certificate (purchase order).
The vendor is able to submit an invoice directly to email@example.com after services are rendered. Vendors cannot submit an invoice for services that have not begun. Charter School cannot pay for services in advance.
Please note, all invoices submitted need to be itemized and have the following information:
- Billed to Cabrillo Point Academy
- Student Name, Enrichment Certificate Number, and Service Dates
- A Unique Invoice Number and Invoice Date
- Invoice Totals (line item total and invoice grand total)
- Make Checks Payable to Vendor Name
Any incomplete or incorrect invoices will experience a delay in payment. Charter School will not pay invoices that are inconsistent with the referenced Enrichment Certificate.
Charter School endeavors to remit payments to our vendors based on NET30 Terms. This means payment will be sent to the vendor within 30 days of the vendor’s invoice submission. Please note, incorrect invoice submissions from the vendor will cause a delay in payment. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.